Latest News • 2021-09-23
Changes coming to Inland Revenue’s myIR system
Inland Revenue have recently advised that they will be making layout changes to myIR in late October.
Changes coming include:
- New account panels to clearly display the total balance, upcoming, “due now” or overdue balances and relevant quick links to common tasks such as making a payment or filing a return.
- A new Alerts tab on the myIR homepage will allow direct access to all your alerts, sorted by account type and due date, and will be able to be filtered and dismissed. If you have access to multiple entities, you'll need to go into each entity to see the Alerts tab.
- If you have access to multiple entities, you'll still view the full list of entities when you log in. You'll need to select the entity you want to access before you can access the accounts for that entity.
Changes for Employers:
- It will be compulsory for employers to deduct child support payments from newly liable (paying) parents' salary and wages. If you have an employee who becomes liable for child support payments, we'll contact you with the information you'll need to make these deductions on their behalf.
- The child support deduction notices will be electronic instead of paper, so you will receive them more quickly and they will be easier to keep track of.
- If you're still using the 'file upload' option to manage payroll in myIR, please ensure your file format is updated to payday filing Version 2. If you're filing through software, all commercial software providers now have the Version 2 option, however you may still want to check that you're using the right version to file. If you're filing through paper or myIR 'on screen' then you are already using Version 2. Amendments to Employment information need to be made using the same version as the original file.